Friday, January 15, 2010

Workbench - Nanoha

Finished up Nanoha's eyes :D
This time I actually took some pictures on how I do my eyes.

First the most important thing is to get a good reference, specially if its a known character.



add white to the inside of the eye. Some people mask the white of the eyes before painting the skin tone, but its much easier for me to just painting over skin :D

The base color of the eyes. I know it looks kind of weird right at this point, but I promise that it will look better later :D

Black outline and eye lashes (see it looks better already)

Added some light blue.

Added even lighter blue around her iris (its just a thin line to make her eye "jump" at you :D)

Reflection spots

And final step is three layers of gloss finish to level the paint out and make its shiny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's just TOO beautiful >_< Man can't wait until it's finished :D Her eyes are stunning :D Hopefully was the reference I gave good enough ^^