Monday, December 21, 2009

Workbench - Mishiro Akatsuki

I haven't been updating my blog as often as I would like it, but hopefully the amount of pictures will compensate for it :D

Here is my one of my newest projects. I've been working on this girl for a while now. I just didn't write anything about her.
This is Mishiro Akatsuki from Shuraki Trinity (never seen or hear about it). It was originally a PVC figure, but was converted into a resin kit.
She have a lots of options for display. There is two different shirts and two different skirts that can be interchanged. Of course all this extra parts make this kit extra hard to make :D


I didn't take any pictures of prep work. I had to make sure that both arms fit perfectly with two different shirts. Since arms have to be left unglued, I added a magnets inside the arm holes and on the arm pieces. So this way it can just click in without pinning it. It actually worked very well :D
Skipping all the boring parts of cleaning, priming cycle, and going straight to painting.

Skin tone :D


Since my client wanted a different colors on this kit, we decided to go with white stockings.

For some weird reason, I really love how this shoes turned out :D
Just don't call me weird.

Red skirt (sorry for the overexposure)


The fun part - underwear.
Since she got red skirt, black shirt and white stockings, I decided to give her a nice green underwear.
Red and green.... Christmas anyone? :D



One of the coolest (in more ways then one :D) things about this kit is the base.
She is standing on the snow with dripping blood from her sword. I had to add a little bit more snow to the basic base pieces. This is my first time doing snow, so it was very interesting and fun.



I still need to add some blood to the swords and snow. I just hope I don't ruin it :D

No comments: